Published: October 07, 2014 | Comments
Happy Customer Service Week! Day 2 of the celebration is now underway. Is your contact center celebrating? If not, it's not too late to join in the fun.
Over the years, ICMI has received many great suggestions from our creative community members. We want to help get your creative juices flowing, so below is our top 10 list of ways to celebrate Customer Service Week. Best of all? None of these will break the bank!
Top 10 Budget-Friendly Ways to Celebrate Customer Service Week
- Give each of your agents a handwritten thank you note.
- Have teams decorate their areas/cubicles and invite others in the building to come by and visit and vote on the best/ most unique.
- Print up Award Certificates to recognize something positive each of your reps have done.
- Fill a glass jar or vase with candy (M&M's) and include a $25 gift card. Have your staff guess how many M&M's are inside. The closest guess wins the gift card.
- Have company leaders perform random acts of kindness customized to each team member/employee.
- Have the other departments in the organization participate in Customer Service Week by providing lunch and/or treats for your team. If they join you, even better. It allows other departments to thank the service team for assisting them throughout the year, handling calls, etc. and allows the service team to put a face with the voice of people in other departments.
- Set up a surprise baked potato bar at lunch.
- Treat your reps to coffee or ice cream.
- Give out candy with an inspiring customer service quote each morning, and then on Friday host a pizza party for the team.
- Get the team out of the office for an afternoon of volunteering.
Bonus: Watch the below Google Hangout with Sean Hawkins, Al Hopper, Jenny Dempsey, and Jeremy Watkin to find out how their teams are celebrating this year.
Tell us: what is your contact center doing to mark the occasion? Do you have other tips for a successful celebration? Share your ideas in the comments below, and please be sure to share your pictures. Tweet them to @CallCenterICMI using hashtag #CSWeek14