Managing Difficult Customers
Online Training Pass
Access all virtual courses for 1 year.
Client Site Training
Bring this course to your facility.
Learn the most effective techniques for remaining calm, professional and always in-control when dealing with even the most difficult customers
We’ve all heard the saying, “The customer is always right.” But what do we do when the person on the other end of the line is unwilling to accept what you have to say, remains dissatisfied, or even becomes abusive? Through ICMI’s Managing Difficult Customers course, you’ll learn valuable strategies for dealing with a variety of difficult customer interactions and take big steps toward managing your and your customers’ stress.
Who should attend
What you will learn
- The three main types of difficult customers
- The best ways to deal with each type of difficult customers
- Finding ways to say “yes” to difficult customers
- Finding ways to say “no” to difficult customers
- Tips for managing your stress and your customers’ stress
List Price: $695
Course Duration: 1 Day
This is a 1 day instructor-led course delivered by ICMI Certified Associates. If you have questions about which course is right for you, an ICMI Account Manager is available to help. Complete the Request Information to speak with your Account Manager.
Module 1 Who are Difficult Customers?
- Identify three types of difficult customers: abusive, irritating, and unhappy, with how to handle each
- Educating the customer
- Meeting the customer’s demands
Module 2 Key Considerations
- Managing a difficult customer contact (Greet, Listen, Control, Solve)
- 5 key considerations for listening
- Key considerations for controlling the call
- Key considerations for solving the issue
- Using positive word choices
Module 3 Saying “Yes” to Difficult Customers
- Giving or fixing technique
Module 4 Saying “No” to Difficult Customers
- The HELP model
- If the customer does not accept the “no”
- Reasons why customers escalate and how to avoid the escalation
Module 5 Managing Stress
- What is stress?
- Top 10 Stressors in the workplace
- Recognizing the customer’s stress
- How to diffuse the customer’s stress
- 5 vital skills for managing your own stress
- 90 stress-busting activities