Extreme Engagement in the Multichannel Contact Center: Leveraging the Emerging Channels Research Report and Best Practices Guide
Author: ICMI Research
Number of Pages: 30
This ICMI research report takes a hard look into the complex world of multichannel. Through the participation of our vast network of contact center professionals, we gained valuable insight into the world of Extreme Engagement in the Multichannel Contact Center. The results revealed interesting statistics on the much debated importance of offering multichannels, the impact on the contact center and agents, the technology investment and training needed and the correlation between loyalty and channel offerings.
Additionally this report provides a best practice guide for optimizing a multichannel support strategy, offered by ICMI Founder Brad Cleveland.
Purchase this report and best practices guide to gain detailed statistics on these key findings:
- The channels customers want now
- The impact self-service has on customers
- The importance of offering customers channel preference
- The impact preferred channel offering has on brand loyalty
- The top three emerging channels of 2013
- Tips for integrating new channels
- Which emerging channels lower volume to other channels
- The importance of a unified technology investment
- The live agent impact on customer engagement
- The correlation between training and the multichannel agent
- Customer experience initiatives most widely used with emerging channels
- Six best practices for optimize the multichannel support strategy
Seventy-two percent (72%) consider Mobile a necessary channel; although only thirty-nine percent (39%) supported it as a channel.
Research outlined in this report is intended to provide contact center professionals with the data they need to understand why and how to use emerging channels in their customer service offerings. Since new project budgets are often a challenge for the contact center, we’ve pointed out places where the emerging channels increase customer engagement which thereby improves customer lifetime value to the corporate brand. The ICMI Best Practices are an accompaniment designed to aid contact centers with the guidelines and training tools they need on their path to extreme customer engagement.
ICMI/UBM Privacy Statement
Customer Experience, People Management, Self-Service