ICMI Contact Center Forum

HomeSmall Contact Center Forum

Work in a contact center with less than 75 agents? This is the space for you to ask questions, share unique challenges, and offer up advice.

Calls Per Hour - Calculations Messages in this topic - RSS

m2520754
m2520754

19 days ago
m2520754
m2520754
Hi. At the Call Centre I currently work at, we calculate Calls-per-Hour as (Calls Answered divided by Hours Ready). Hours Ready being Total Logged-In time minus Not-Ready time.

From what I've encountered in the past, Calls-per-Hour should be calculated as (3600 divided by Average Handle Time in seconds).

How can I explain to my colleagues that the current formula of (Calls Answered divided by Hours Ready) is incorrect and unfair to our agents? I'm good with numbers, but not with explaining them. O_o

Thank you in advance! :)

- Sandra
0 link
peteriannetta
peteriannetta

7 days ago
peteriannetta
peteriannetta
Hi Sandra, I've typically used login time less idle time to calculate CPH. It comes down to what you want to use CPH for. If it's to understand how productive your people are when they are at work, then you want to include off-phone time in your calculation. Another variation to that is login time less unproductive shrinkage (lunch, break, etc..). Your measure though seems to be just a different way of measuring AHT so I'm not sure what that will tell you that your AHT isn't already telling you, if that makes sense.

Pete
0 link