ICMI Contact Center Forum

Home#ICMIchat Forum

Do you participate in our weekly Twitter chat? This is the place to continue the conversations, network with fellow chatters, and find recaps, topics and questions for upcoming chats.

Improving Agent Training Messages in this topic - RSS

ericamarois
ericamarois

2/13/2018
ericamarois
ericamarois
Good morning, everyone!

Last week's chat participants voted on this week's topic. The winner: "Improving Agent Training."

As always, the conversation kicks off at 10 am PT/ 1 pm ET. Here are the questions we'll cover:

Q1: In your opinion, why do you contact centers struggle to offer consistent and effective agent training?

Q2: What are some ways to measure the ROI of training programs?

Q3: What advice would you give to a contact center leader who was asked to cut their training budget?

Q4: What are some fun and creative ways to engage all the senses in learning?

Q5: What are some simple ways to train on a new topic when there isn't time for a formal classroom session?

Q6: What is the best way to ensure employees retain and apply what they learn during training? #ICMIchat

Q7: How do you decide how much ramp-up time to give agents before they're responsible for managing contacts on their own?

Q8: How can artificial intelligence play a role in employee training?

--
Erica Strother Marois
Community Strategist, ICMI
0 link
smorris
smorris

2/19/2018
smorris
smorris
I'm new to ICMI so I wasn't part of the recent chat, but what drove me here is I'm very interested in learning what's out there or on the horizon when it comes to Q8, dealing with AI's role in employee training.
Traditionally, our agents handle mock calls with another live person on the phone, sometimes an agent from our client company, sometimes someone internal. Either way it's a resource hog and my VP tasked me with researching if there was any methods or technologies out there where a simulated mock call can be delivered to an agent.
Is anyone familiar with anything like this in use or development?
0 link