ICMI Contact Center Forum

HomeSmall Contact Center Forum

Work in a contact center with less than 75 agents? This is the space for you to ask questions, share unique challenges, and offer up advice.

Developing & Selling a Mentor Program the Team Messages in this topic - RSS

pcross-leone
pcross-leone

1/15/2016
pcross-leone
pcross-leone
I am a trainer in a small utility contact center. We have 34 agents; 23 agents whose primary responsibility is to handle customer inbound call contacts. I have been researching mentor programs for about 18 months in an effort to get a formalized program in place for our new hires. I am part of a management team who include the director, 2 managers, a supervisor, a business analyst and myself. We work closely with each other and need to come to consensus on new initiatives we want to pursue.
I presented a mentor pilot program to the management team in an effort to get a program in place by our next new hire class; we have been hiring approximately 2-3 new agents a year. I sold the program as a win-win for the new hire (the mentee) and seasoned agent (the mentor). The mentee would have an immediate advocate and ally and the mentor would be able to develop some leadership skills to better position themselves for future job openings, including lead agent positions in our department. My pitch was not at all well received by the manager and supervisor who are responsible for the inbound call agents.
Does anyone have a mentor program in their small contact center? Any suggestions on how to continue to promote a mentor program to resistant concerns?
0 link