ICMI Contact Center Forum

HomeSmall Contact Center Forum

Work in a contact center with less than 75 agents? This is the space for you to ask questions, share unique challenges, and offer up advice.

Staffing in a Blended Call Center Messages in this topic - RSS

davcav714
davcav714

1/7/2016
davcav714
davcav714
We are a blended call center in that our agents handle both inbound and outbound calls (manually dialed). In my hypothetical scenario, I have 6 agents in the inbound queue (as determined by Erlang calculations to a achieve the desired 90/10 SL, thus low OCC) where all they do is handle the inbound call volume. Then I have 10 agents not in the queue, rather just making outbound calls. My question is if I combined the two teams to create a team of 16 agents who are all in the inbound queue (thus 10 more than needed per Erlang to handle the inbound calls at SL goal), will this group be able to make more/less/same outbound calls without negatively impacting my SL goals? I'm wondering if the answer is more due to the fact that the likelihood of an agent being available is increased by having 16 agents vs. 6 - even with outbound calls are being made by all of the agents. If more, how would I determine how much more?

Thank you for your help
Dave
0 link