ICMI Contact Center Forum

HomeSmall Contact Center Forum

Work in a contact center with less than 75 agents? This is the space for you to ask questions, share unique challenges, and offer up advice.

Sick Policy Messages in this topic - RSS

Pmaubi
Pmaubi

5/11/2017
Pmaubi
Pmaubi
Hello!
I'm hoping to gain some advice. Do you have any sick/unplanned absence policy? I have a small contact center that I need to run lean to stay within budget. We have proper staffing all days and have very little added staff to account for unplanned absences. Most of the staff is great about coming to work when they are scheduled but I have a few who seem to be always "sick" and taking unplanned time off. The only real policy we have is that the employees are allotted sick and vacation time but have no guidelines on how they need to manage it. Unless they run out of time there isn't really any consequences. When 1-2 people call in sick it really hurts the team and our SLAs. I'm hoping to design/implement some guidelines to help alleviate this. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!
0 link
ddiorio
ddiorio

5/30/2017
ddiorio
ddiorio
I find that staffs are much more amenable to paid time off over sick/vacation time. Make it a no fault policy and allow a certain number of occurrences or points for unscheduled absences. Have those points roll off after 6 or 12 months. Create thresholds where they would receive verbal, written, and final written warnings. This takes all the guess work out of it since a rep could call out for any reason and everyone knows what the ramifications are. The most important thing is to be consistent.

Hope this helps.
0 link