ICMI Contact Center Forum

HomeSmall Contact Center Forum

Work in a contact center with less than 75 agents? This is the space for you to ask questions, share unique challenges, and offer up advice.

CTI Integration: suggestions would be great! Messages in this topic - RSS

ubiquitousquality
ubiquitousquality

4/6/2017
Hello!

Was wondering if anyone can share their experience with CTI software? Is it advisable for small contact centers with around 25-30 people employed? Agents are on the phone round the clock but I'm not sure if it's going to be much of help for a small office like ours. I've also heard that this type of software costs a lot. I would very much appreciate it if someone or anyone can share what they've accomplished using CTI as this might help me weigh its advantages and disadvantages.

Thanks in advance! :-)
+1 link
rapsodysolutions
rapsodysolutions

4/9/2017
Hey, there! You can make use of a CTI solution to increase the number of calls your agents make per day and make sure every call is logged, recorded, and documented. It's going to make your workload a whole lot lighter and each process a whole lot easier, no doubt about that. But make sure you choose a CTI solution that compatible with your phone and CRM systems. No need to have it customized by a freelance software developer, you can find companies like Tenfold who offer a free trial or a free demo to get you started. The only downside to this applications are the cost but you might find that its price is nowhere compared to the advantages you can get when you have one in place.
0 link
pmedina
pmedina

12 days ago
pmedina
pmedina
What ACD do you have now? If all you are trying to achieve is better call routing, you should be able to a higher grade of ACD technology. If you are running PBX lines and working in hunt groups, you aren't going to get very far. With "enterprise level" ACD software you can have it route email, phone, chat, etc. through the ACD. I'm in a small site like yours and because of the inefficiencies and great occupancy I had on phones, I had our IT dept upgrade our ACD and the overflow capabilities and IVR insights helped me improve our AHT and ASA. We are going through the process now of doing an OBDC connection to our CRM so we can route by customer segment without having the customer input their account number as we found that ANI recognition won't get our call to the right place and not everyone plays nice in the IVR. We have a lot of transfers. We are using ShoreTel ECC...not a fan but it was a matter of paying for the upgrade versus getting something completely new (like Interactive Intelligence or Avaya).
So the telephony software does a lot of specialized routing, softphone with release/aux codes and wrap codes to disposition calls. However we are taking it a step further and using Open Methods to really develop a sweet screen pop that will pull up all sorts of customer data. My inside sales team will benefit from that whereas the customer service group has seen significant improvement with an enterprise grade ACD software that wouldn't require any further integration beyond what I mentioned.
0 link