ICMI Contact Center Forum

HomeSmall Contact Center Forum

Work in a contact center with less than 75 agents? This is the space for you to ask questions, share unique challenges, and offer up advice.

Going multi-channel. Advice? Messages in this topic - RSS

Sammy Evers
Sammy Evers

20 days ago
Sammy Evers
Sammy Evers
The contact center I work in (roughly 100 agents) has recently been looking to add additional service channels. They want to expand from email and phone and add SMS, live chat and possibly social.

As a manager, I have little say in the final decision - but I obviously have my concerns when it comes to the logistics and operations. Have any of you ever experienced this kind of transition? What was the plan of attack in your call center? Did it fall on its face or did it actually make life easier?
0 link
amber.krueger
amber.krueger

13 days ago
amber.krueger
amber.krueger
We are in process of adding chat - currently we solely service inbound calls. One thing that will make our transition easier is that we have a hybrid team in our center - they spend part of the day taking calls and part working on projects. That team will be the one we add Chat servicing to, as they will be able to work on projects in between chats coming in. Do you have such a capability?
0 link
Sammy Evers
Sammy Evers

13 days ago
Sammy Evers
Sammy Evers
amber.krueger wrote:
We are in process of adding chat - currently we solely service inbound calls. One thing that will make our transition easier is that we have a hybrid team in our center - they spend part of the day taking calls and part working on projects. That team will be the one we add Chat servicing to, as they will be able to work on projects in between chats coming in. Do you have such a capability?

Yes! Definitely helpful. We would have that capability if need be, and that's an excellent recommendation.

After a few discussions with leadership, I've been informed that we're looking at a vendor that actually houses live chat, phone, SMS, email and social in one platform. I guess with a little bit of training, all agents can work from one queue. As interactions come in, regardless of channel, it goes to the next available rep.

That calms my fears a bit! I was so worried about reports and adding new teams, etc.
0 link