ICMI Contact Center Forum

HomeContact Center Best Practices Forum

Looking to share and discover contact center best practices while networking with peers? This space is geared to serve the needs of contact center leaders looking for strategic direction, benchmarking data, or general advice.

% of Revenue Question Messages in this topic - RSS

rstokes
rstokes

8/15/2016
rstokes
rstokes
All,

I work for a mid-sized tech company and am trying to benchmark high level what others in the contact center industry spend on their support center as a % of their overall revenue. Just looking at a ballpark figure of what how much is being spent high level to service a cost center and thoughts around these costs.
0 link
Brad Cleveland
Brad Cleveland

8/17/2016
Brad Cleveland
Brad Cleveland
Hi, this is a great question and one we’ve been asked often over the years. There’s unfortunately no set of benchmarks I've found that I’m comfortable with for several reasons. For one, some organizations are primarily direct (e.g., Geico, Dell) while others have a combination of in-person and other channels (Apple, State Farm); to further complicate, some separate and some combine sales and support. Further, some organizations primarily exist to support customers (Amazon) while others are primarily providers but with some support (HP). It’s a tough one, and what I’d recommend is 1) going to annual reports of some companies in sectors you’re investigating, and finding some placeholders, and 2) having some candid conversations as feasible with a few targeted support centers that you’d consider similar in size and scope. I’m with you on this, and sure wish there was more specific guidance. Good luck with the research, and if you find anything interesting, I'd love to know about it! - Brad
0 link