ICMI Contact Center Forum

HomeSmall Contact Center Forum

Work in a contact center with less than 75 agents? This is the space for you to ask questions, share unique challenges, and offer up advice.

Outsourcing Pricing Model Messages in this topic - RSS

jeffery
jeffery

7/13/2016
jeffery
jeffery
Hello everyone,
I would like to do a quick check with anyone here whose contact center is operating under an outsourcing model. What is your current pricing model adopted? Is it by per ticket created, by type of incidents, by resource count, etc.
Currently I am operating under a per-ticket model but this has led into several problems such as:
- Outsourcing partner is not motivated to look into call reduction improvement since the more call they have, they get more profit.
- Service owner is also not motivated to look into call reduction and service improvement because they always regards end-user support as the responsibility of contact center. As such, with the roll-out of new services, ticket volumes continue to go up while old problems did not get any priority to resolve.
I am thinking of using adopting a model where contact center scope of work is not governed by per ticket cost anymore. When the outsourcing partner take over the service operation for various services such as networking and messaging, they have to supply the required resources to manage respective end-user call volume. Of course this model have to be governed by quality metrics so that if there will still be a certain level service standard that the outsourcing partner have to maintain. This may force the outsourcing partners and service owners to look into call reduction and service improvement else the cost will be on them. Any view and thought on this? Thank you!
0 link
SeaHawkins
SeaHawkins

1/31/2017
SeaHawkins
SeaHawkins
Jeffery, have you considered a vendor who offers an hourly rate/agent rather than a per ticket rate? I have used worked under both. Either way, you will still need to be diligent in monitoring service and SLA's. With current partner, consider the type of calls you are sending their way. Is it possible for the basic level 1 support calls to go there, and the more difficult ones remain in house?

Also, review your the SLA's and SOW to ensure they are abiding by the contractual agreement. From what you are describing, they may not best align with your center.
+1 link