ICMI Contact Center Forum

HomeContact Center Best Practices Forum

Looking to share and discover contact center best practices while networking with peers? This space is geared to serve the needs of contact center leaders looking for strategic direction, benchmarking data, or general advice.

Chat Efficiency Gains Messages in this topic - RSS

twalton
twalton

5/19/2016
twalton
twalton
Our Exec Team is wanting to add a Live Chat queue as soon as possible, to possibly reduce workload during our busy season (October - February). We've never done this before and, while we were looking at doing this within the next 18-24 months, this is a very aggressive timeline that, in my opinion, may cause more issues than it actually solves.

I'd like to hear from any of you that have implemented a Chat channel:

1. What is the typical time frame for this, from start to launch (including training, technical considerations, etc.)?
2. What kind of efficiency gains have you seen? Specifically, did this result in an overall decrease in workload over just an Inbound channel?
3. Is there any kind of figure I can give our Team to define this gain? For instance, I hear that a Chat Agent can be more efficient because they're able to handle multiple chats at once - someone here stated that they've worked with Agents who were able to handle as many as 6 at once!. I have my doubts about how overstated this may be, but if you could provide me with potential savings you experienced - especially within the first few months of implementation - that would be very helpful.
0 link