Small Contact Centers: Forecasting and Scheduling
Access to course for 30 days.
OnDemand All-Access Pass
Access all virtual courses for 1 year.
Overcome the unique challenges associated with smaller call center management by learning to more accurately forecast and schedule accordingly to meet your objectives.
Accurately forecasting workload and then having the right number of skilled people and supporting resources in place to handle it is not easy — especially with the limited resources of a smaller call center. Add managing customer expectations and maintaining caller satisfaction, and good small call center management truly becomes an art form. With ICMI’s Small Contact Centers: Forecasting and Scheduling virtual classroom course, you’ll begin your journey to perfecting the art of better small call center forecasting and scheduling.
This course breaks down the specific characteristics of the small call center and shows you how better understanding them can actually help you do more with less. We’ll cover the details of common driving forces such as random call arrival, psychology of queues and seven factors of caller tolerance and show you how to create a plan that addresses these issues.
In ICMI’s Small Contact Centers: Forecasting and Scheduling virtual classroom course, you’ll be on your way to creating a planning culture within your organization with a review of the Erlang C module. Plus, we’ll help you forecast and schedule for real-life scenarios like increases in talk time, overestimation or underestimation of call volume, agent absenteeism and more.
What you will learn:
- Small call center characteristics: How to make them work for you
- Creating a planning culture that addresses specific challenges within your call center
- Play “what if” with Erlang C: Real-life scenarios and how to plan for them
- Understanding agent capacity and analyzing the impact of growth
- Steps you can take to improve the predictability of your workload
- Creative and effective scheduling approaches you can implement
- Printable slide presentation
- Industry articles
- Overcoming the Challenges of Managing a Small Call Center
- Advice for Managers of Small Call Centers
- Call Center Budgets: Volume Related vs. Fixed
- Workforce Optimization and Advance Resource Management for Smaller Centers
- Workforce Optimization for Small Contact Centers
Pricing & Course Length
Pricing for this 2-hour virtual classroom course is for one computer and one telephone connection per session. An unlimited number of participants may attend through a single connection to WebEx.
Small Contact Centers: Measuring and Improving Performance
Please take a moment to read the cancellation policy.
Part 1: Forecasting and Scheduling
Module 1 Creating a Planning Culture
- Service Level
- Response Time
- Planning Process
Module 2 Playing 'What If' with Erlang C
Module 3 Understanding Agent Capacity
Module 4 Analyzing the Impact of Growth
Module 5 Taking Steps to Improve the Predictability of Your Workload
- Plan, plan and plan some more
- Improving AHT
Module 6 Identifying Creative and Effective Scheduling Approaches
- Develop and schedule coverage
- The envelope strategy