- › Training
- › Courses
- › Leading Practices in IVR Design: Turn Your IVR from a Liability to an Asset
Leading Practices in IVR Design: Turn Your IVR from a Liability to an Asset
Live, online instructor-led training.
A step-by-step process for call center professionals responsible for IVR design that will increase customer usage and satisfaction, turning your IVR from a liability to an asset
All people—users and customers—love to hate IVR. A poorly designed IVR can cost millions in terms of technology dollars, unhappy customers and lost business. But a well designed IVR can save up to $10 per call, plus make priceless improvements in customer satisfaction.
Through the virtual classroom course, Leading Practices in IVR Design, you’ll learn the best practices of IVR design that will optimize your system for maximum results.
You’ll start with a complete overview of the industry so you can see how IVR is being used successfully to fulfill customer satisfaction strategies across multiple industries. An in-depth look at key IVR trends provides you with an understanding of what’s new and what’s working in IVR, including an outlook on speech recognition.
One of the major problems with IVR is in the implementation, not the technology. In this course, you’ll learn the critical importance of setting a clear multi-channel strategy for IVR. It’s not all about reducing or offloading calls! You’ll learn the essential building blocks needed to tap the full potential of your IVR.
Working step by step, you’ll grasp the key principles of a successful IVR design process, from development to implementation. You’ll learn which elements are critical to the design process and come away with a do and don’t list to help you avoid missteps. You’ll also take an in-depth look at how to decide whether to use Touch-Tone or speech and how to successfully transition from one to the other.
What you will learn:
- An overview of the industry, including new trends, to learn how IVR can benefit your organization
- The role of IVR in an overall customer experience strategy, and why having a self-service strategy is critical to application design and use
- A step-by-step process for IVR design, including the critical elements needed for effective design
- The differences, as well as pros and cons, of Touch-Tone vs. automated speech recognition (ASR)
- Ongoing IVR management techniques for continuous improvement, including essential reports and metrics
- Printable slide presentation
- Industry articles
- IVR Usability Testing: Don't Go Live Without It!
- Mad as Hell! A Revolution for Customer Service
- Risky Business: Transitioning Your IVR From Touch Tone to Speech
- Why Customer Experience Matters
- Guidelines: IVR scripting and menu design
Pricing & Course Length
Pricing for this 2-hour virtual classroom course is for one computer and one telephone connection per session. An unlimited number of participants may attend through a single connection to WebEx.
Please take a moment to read the cancellation policy.
Module 1 The Role of IVR in the Call Center
- IVR use
- What are the issues?
- Start with strategy
- How to get callers to use your IVR
- Key trends
Module 2 Touchtone vs. Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR)
- How can ASR help?
- Do's and don'ts when transitioning
Module 3 Design and Implementation
- Design steps
- Critical elements
- Acceptance and usability testing
Module 4 Best Practices for Designing IVR Applications
- Consistency across channels
- Customer-centric design
- Consistent user interface
- Enable transfers in and out
- Scripting and dialogue design
Module 5 Managing and Monitoring your IVR
- Audit regularly
- Reports and metrics
Module 6 Caller Feedback