- › Training
- › Courses
- › Do-It-Yourself Workforce Management: For Small Contact Centers Without the ...
Do-It-Yourself Workforce Management: For Small Contact Centers Without the Fancy Software
Access to course for 30 days.
OnDemand All-Access Pass
Access all virtual courses for 1 year.
With tools and skills to forecast accurately (without workforce management software), you can stop guessing and estimating staff and schedule needs.
Most small and mid-sized contact centers don’t have the budget for WFM software and rely on switch reports and “best guess” scheduling. With a few basic reports, a little spreadsheet knowledge and a foundation in WFM, you don’t need expensive WFM software and training to effectively and accurately manage your workforce.
Through ICMI’s Do-It-Yourself Workforce Management virtual classroom course, you’ll gain the skills and tools you need to implement stronger forecasts, staffing and scheduling for a more efficient, productive contact center.
You’ll start with examining the key elements of the WFM process, including forecasting, staffing, scheduling, real-time management and reporting. Applying these key elements, you’ll develop three critical levels of planning — long-term, mid-term and day-to-day.
Using two easy Excel models, you’ll work through the types and methods of basic forecasting. More than just plugging in numbers, you’ll learn the six forecasting “musts” that are the most important part of the process. The “musts” will allow you to forecast with a greater degree of accuracy. You’ll learn formulas to measure your forecasting accuracy for even more success at workforce planning.
Moving on to staffing, you’ll master the two critical staffing models you need to achieve the service level you set. You’ll practice and master the Erlang C formula to proactively staff at the interval level. Once you have the components to calculate staffing, you’ll learn how to create a simple Excel-based schedule that has all the functionality of WFM software.
You’ll come away from this course with the ability and the tools you need to forecast, staff and schedule with precision, build reports that give you information, not just data, and proactively manage in real time.
What you will learn:
- Learn the essential elements of workforce management without using WFM software
- Use Erlang for staffing to the interval level more efficiently
- Schedule more effectively
- Proactively plan off-phone activities
- Create valuable analysis and reporting
- Acquire the spreadsheets and calculators to manage the workforce without expensive WFM software
- Printable slide presentation
- Industry articles
- Forecast Accuracy: The Most Important Metric
- You're Not Measuring
- Erlang C Calculation Definitions
- Forecast Calculator and Staffing Spreadsheet
Pricing & Course Length
Pricing for this 2-hour virtual classroom course is for one computer and one telephone connection per session. An unlimited number of participants may attend through a single connection to WebEx.
Please take a moment to read the cancellation policy.
Module 1 Stages of Workforce Management (WFM)
- Four typical stages of WFM
Module 2 Trade-offs of Doing it Yourself
Module 3 The Workforce Management Process
- Three levels of planning
- Daily planning-RTM/exceptions
Module 4 Hiring and Training Your Workforce Manager
- Establish tools, training and texts that are needed
Module 5 WFM Accountabilities
- Schedule Delivery
- Scheduled to Requirements
- Report Delivery