Contact Center Training: Designing Effective Training for Agents
Access to course for 30 days.
OnDemand All-Access Pass
Access all virtual courses for 1 year.
Improve the quality and effectiveness of agent training and get the most from your training budget by mastering the essential concepts of training program design.
Agent training is an essential piece of your agent satisfaction and retention program, your customer satisfaction strategy, and the smooth operation of your call center. Through ICMI’s Designing Effective Training for Agents virtual classroom course, you’ll get a grasp on the fundamental elements of what makes a standout agent training program.
You’ll learn how training and development benefit your organization now by decreasing turnover and will benefit your organization in the future by growing skilled employees for future positions. Included are the pros and cons of hiring and training a trainer in-house or hiring one from the outside.
Adults learn differently from children. This course gives you the basic concepts of adult learning so you can design new programs- or tweak old programs- that effectively use methods that are proven to help your agents learn and retain the information they need to be productive and successful.
What you will learn:
- How to analyze your current training so you can determine where the training gaps are and how to develop recommendations to fill those gaps
- How to select the type of training that best suits your needs and budget, including the benefits and considerations of classroom, self-paced and on-the-job training
- How to use e-learning, including vendor selection and monitoring
- Printable slide presentation
- Industry articles
- Measuring the Effectiveness of Customer Service Training in Call Centers
- Stop Wasting Money on Training: Focus on Performance Outcomes
- Web-Based Training: Technology May Differ, But Approach is Similar
- Customer service training module and skill flow
- Sales training module and skill flow
- Sample training role play
Pricing & Course Length
Pricing for this 2-hour virtual classroom course is for one computer and one telephone connection per session. An unlimited number of participants may attend through a single connection to WebEx.
Please take a moment to read the cancellation policy.
Module 1 Performance 101
Module 2 What Are the Goals of Your Agent training Programs?
Module 3 Learning for Grown-ups
- What do adults need to learn effectively?
- Training strategy
Module 4 Instructional Design for the Rest of Us
- Instructional design model
Module 5 Needs Assessment
- Methods that matter: benefits and considerations
- Trainer selection
- Barriers to success
- Evaluation levels