- › Training
- › Courses
- › Contact Center Staffing and Scheduling: Group Design and Other Consideratio...
Contact Center Staffing and Scheduling: Group Design and Other Considerations
Access to course for 30 days.
OnDemand All-Access Pass
Access all virtual courses for 1 year.
Master the fine points of creating effective agent groups, routing calls accordingly and keeping team members motivated throughout the workday.
Hiring and keeping the right people is just one piece of the puzzle when it comes to effectively managing a call center. Creating an optimal customer experience also requires that calls be handled by the right members of your staff at the right times. Through ICMI’s Contact Center Staffing and Scheduling: Group Design and Other Considerations virtual classroom course, you’ll take planning to the next step with strategies for grouping staff members based on skills, as well as other staffing consideration pertinent to all call centers.
In this course, you’ll explore group design and the powerful principles behind pooling, including ICMI’s strong argument for skills-based routing. We’ll show you a step-by-step plan you can use to implement skills-based routing, as well as some typical errors to avoid. And we'll also cover scheduling for multi-site environments.
Once you have a solid scheduling foundation, you’ll learn strategies for managing attendance and adherence, including ways to communicate the “power of one” to frontline agents. You’ll also examine how rostered staff affects your scheduling and contributes to shrinkage.
Finally, you’ll learn the types of measurements that will show you how well scheduling is working and your accuracy level so you can continue to make progress.
What you will learn:
- Group design considerations: Focus on skills-based grouping
- Call type considerations: Looking at peak call times and long calls
- Lack of buy-in: Shaping attitudes for better results
- Handling change requests and exceptions: Make technology work for you
- Shrinkage by half-hour: Can a rostered staff work for you?
- Measuring scheduling success: Keep progressing!
- Printable slide Presentation
- Industry articles
- Scheduling for Today's 'Do-It-All' Call Center (Parts 1-3)
- Skill-Set Scheduling in a Multi-skilled Environment
- Skills-Based Routing: Top Problems and Solutions
Pricing & Course Length
Pricing for this 2-hour virtual classroom course is for one computer and one telephone connection per session. An unlimited number of participants may attend through a single connection to WebEx.
Contact Center Staffing and Scheduling: Building a Long-Term Model
Contact Center Staffing and Scheduling: Implementing Best Practices
Please take a moment to read the cancellation policy.
Part 3: Group Design and Considerations
- Group Design Considerations
- Call Type Considerations
- Scheduling Challenges
- Measuring Scheduling Success