Advancing Contact Center Quality Through Monitoring and Coaching
In-person, multi-day training.
Client Site Training
Bring this course to your facility.
Design a comprehensive, cost-effective monitoring and coaching program that boosts quality, drives performance improvement initiatives and increases agent performance and commitment.
Your call center agent is the critical link between your customers and your products and services. Through ICMI’s Advancing Contact Center Quality Through Monitoring and Coaching two-day course, you’ll discover how to bring out the best in every agent and deliver exceptional experiences to your customers.
You’ll start right from the beginning, defining what it takes to create a performance culture in your organization. You’ll examine the costly threat of agent turnover and how you can prevent it by using monitoring and coaching to create lasting motivation and engagement.
Using case studies of real companies, as well as hypothetical practice company exercises, you’ll discover how to use your organization’s mission statement to guide you in developing performance standards. You’ll work through defining the purpose and objectives of your program, as well as determining roles and responsibilities. Using numerous examples and exercises, you’ll decide which of your performance standards are “foundation standards” and which are “finesse standards,” and how to monitor for each. You’ll review sample performance standards before learning the elements that show you how to define and document your own performance standards.
Having determined your performance standards, you’ll move on to the monitoring process: Why do we monitor? Who should monitor? How often? What should you be monitoring for? To answer these questions, you’ll have the opportunity to discuss the answers to these questions with your fellow participants and review the results of several ICMI community member surveys, gaining insight about what peers are doing. Armed with this information, along with sample forms and exercises, you’ll develop your own monitoring form that meets your unique situation.
Finally you’ll explore the ways to use the data you gather from monitoring to make lasting improvements in your contact center through coaching. You’ll review the six basic principles of coaching and the SAFE coaching model. You’ll also role play and practice your coaching skills, so you learn by doing. Whether you’re starting from scratch or fine-tuning an existing program, this course offers the tools and the know-how you need to design an approach that’s tailored to your budget, your culture and your business objectives.
What you will learn:
- Utilize monitoring and coaching practices that increase quality.
- Structure a program to increase agent satisfaction and reduce turnover.
- Build consensus and gain buy-in from the entire contact center.
- Align monitoring and coaching practices with hiring and training.
- Fine-tune monitoring and coaching skills.
- Leverage business intelligence mined from quality monitoring to improve processes across the board.
- Printable slide presentation
- Industry articles
- Agent Buy-in: 10 Strategies for Getting Staff Involved in a Performance Turnaround
- Agent Training and Performance Development
- Are Agents Delivering on the Promise Your Company Makes to Customers?
- Back to Basics: Coaching and Communication
- Does Monitoring Matter?
- E-Learning Meets Quality Monitoring
- Innovative Trends in Quality Monitoring
- Is Quality Monitoring Outsourcing Right for Your Contact Center?
- It's Time for a Monitoring Makeover
- Monitoring and Coaching Programs: Building Companywide Support
- Monitoring and Coaching Programs: Ensuring an Effective M&C Process
- Navigating the Future: A Mission Statement Can Guide Centers through Turbulent Times
- Principles of Effective Motivation (Part 3)
- Proven Tips for Effective Feedback and Coaching
- Raising Call Center Visibility: AOL Reinvents the Way it Communicates with the Front Line
- The Employee-Customer Satisfaction Link
Please take a moment to read the cancellation policy.
Module 1 A Performance Improvement Culture
- Challenges of people management
- Increasing retention
- Powerful agent motivators
Module 2 Define Goals
- Identifying the right performance standards
- Defining mission, vision and values
- Determining customer expectations
- Defining and documenting standards
Module 3 Measure Reality
Developing An Effective Monitoring process
Choosing type of monitoring and the frequency
Ensuring all the quality of all contact types
An overview of monitoring technology
Creating the monitoring form
Rating scales and scoring
Module 4 Achieve Goals
Improving and developing training
Communicating the voice of the customer
Developing an Effective Coaching Process
Benefits of effective coaching
Making time to coach
Types of coaching
The value of praise
Creating Individual development plans
Module 5 Implementation Strategy